Utility Models & Industrial Designs
- Trademarks, Advertising Slogans, Trade Names
& Appellations of Origin
- Copyrights &
- Anti- Counterfeiting,
Anti-Piracy & Enforcement
Alternative Dispute Resolution
A founding partner of ROMEROIP (formerly Romero, Rodriguez & Co.) with over 30 years of experience, Mr. Romero specializes in Intellectual Property Litigation, specially focused on the fields of patents, industrial designs, trademarks, copyrights and unfair competition.
Mr. Romero serves as coordinator of the International Patents Department in which he takes responsibility for all types of patent-related issues including counseling, registration, prosecution, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, exploitation, maintenance, enforcement and defense of patents, industrial designs and utility models.
Mr. Romero employs his vast experience to expertly provide general counseling on IP matters across several industry sectors. Sectors include chemicals, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, energy, electronics, mechanics, technology and innovation, life sciences and healthcare.
Mr. Romero taught Intellectual Property Law at the Universidad La Salle, and has written for several IP publications.
Prior to establishing the firm in 1980, Mr. Romero served as an attorney at two of the major Mexican IP law firms. He also served as an English expert for IP matters at the Supreme Court of Mexico in 1980.
- Universidad La Salle (Law degree, 1980)
- Life Sciences & Healthcare
- Technology & Innovation
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI)
- Mexican Lawyers Bar (BMA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)